- Acapulco is world renowned for its glitz, glamour and luxury. Acapulco has everything a traveler could hope for. Whether you like to do nothing but rest in the sun and sand of the many white sandy beaches, or want to dance the night away, you can do it in Acapulco. But, no matter how much time you have, you won't have enough for Acapulco.
- I was first introduced to Acapulco by my good friend Max Scott, back in April of 1985. But it only took one trip to make me fall in love with this jewel. The following January I took my wife Jane, her brother Tony and his wife Norma and personally showed them why I was always talking about this wonderful vacation spot.
- Max had been to Acapulco many time before, so he knew all the interesting places to see and the most fun spots to visit. So I had a great tour guide as well. Many visitors love the new hotels, shopping, discos and the miles of white sandy beaches, but there are a couple of places that most visitors never get to see.
One of those is the older Acapulco and Coletta Beach. This is a beach just in front of La Requeta Island. Perhaps one of the reasons why I enjoy that part of Acapulco is the friendly people that I have come to know and love. Here are a couple of people that you should get to know when visiting that part of Acapulco, They are the friendly beach boys, Tony and Nacho, they are always ready help. How about a drink and some of the best hamburgers, fish & chips or for those more daring some of the Mexican foods.
- General Information: Most banks are open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, and there are some that close at 5:30 pm. Some branches are open on Saturday morning. There are also automatic tellers available 24-hours a day. If you would like to exchange your money, there are money offices located on the main avenue. If you prefer to stay in your hotel, some cashiers will accept foreign currency. Although in most cases at a lower exchange rate, but not always, just make some comparisons, there has been times where we got more from the hotel cashier.
- Acapulco is Mexico's largest, most dazzling seaside resort. It offers more variety, more excitement, more fun, more Mexican flavor for your money than any other resort in the country. There is so much to see and do that you can set your own pace and make every day as lively or as lazy as you like! If you prefer to just sit in your hotel lobby, you can have a few drinks, listen to good music and maybe even dance, but once you leave the hotel, the choice will not be easy to decide on where to go or what to do. Acapulco has a very special magic that is difficult to capture but visitors and residents alike remain fascinated by its incredible beauty and the hypnotic charm of its very own brand of enchantment. We have many beaches, boutiques, a wide variety of shops, galleries, arts and craft markets to keep you going all the time. ( You can party, shop or relax) If you feel you want to get away, just be lazy or romantic and live an unforgettable moments, you can find a hideaway anytime imaginable luxury within your reach. Acapulco has a touch of magic that will capture your spirit and make you want to come back time after time again.
Visitors and residents alike, remain fascinated by its incredible beauty and charm. And don't forget the Clif Divers at LA QUEBRADA.
- Acapulco is the nearest major resort to the capital of the country. Sunny and clear 360 days of the year, Acapulco's average annual temperature is 80 F. Tropical showers are short and usually fall at night, allowing visitors to make the most of each day.
- Did You Know? Acapulco enjoys millions of visitors a year, but has only been in the tourist business for 50 years. While Europe was rebuilding after World War II, Acapulco's true potential was recognized. Acapulco had 200 hotels by 1964 when the first authorized jet aircraft landed. The planes haven't stopped landing since then and the tourist trade has soared ever since.
- Taxis: There are different types of services. Hotel taxis offer exclusive air conditioned service but are more expensive. Street taxis, operate 24-hours a day and are more economical. You should negotiate the price before you get in.
- Population: 1,527,001 in 1995
- Electricity: Power is 110 and 120v., the same as Canada and the United States.
Email me at email@example.com
- My Acapulco by Fred Meulemeester
- Acapulco Weather from CNN
- Acapulco Mexico
- Welcome to the Acapulco.org
- Mexico Travel information
- Links to Mexican Resorts, Hotels, Bed & Breakfast Etc.,